What Frightens Us after 9-11?
by Dr. Rich Staats
Objective: Ensure the audience enjoys the panel. Guide the audience in an exercise in terror – the 34th D’harma.
Premise: Terror is a function of three factors
- The object of terror must be plausible (this is totally subjective)
- The object of terror must be able to affect your interests
- The object of terror must be difficult to count (this can be because of short notice or because the object is inherently difficult to counter)
A potpourri of things that scare the heck out of Rich Staats
- Commercial ship based attack …
- Plant based bio-terrorism
- Tactical nuclear weapons
- Radiological threats
- Mixed Modes
- Industrial sabotage
All Too Near Future:
- Quantum based computing